Monday, November 22, 2010

Ruth's Chris Steak House sweet potato casserole recipe

I know I haven't posted in a long time but I have gotten a few requests for the Ruth's Chris sweet potato recipe that I had posted on my private blog, so here it is, enjoy:

Serving Size: 2-4 (depending on your sweet-tooth)

Preparation Time: 30:00

CRUST: 1 cup brown sugar1/3 cup flour1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)1/3 stick butter - melted

SWEET POTATO MIXTURE: 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes1 cup sugar1/2 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon vanilla2 eggs - well beaten1 stick butter - ( 1/2 cup) meltedCombine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.

Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe again. I plan on making this for Christmas! All I can say is....YUMMY! :)

    ReplyDelete