
We may have not gotten the house with the neighborhood park, but there are plenty of parks to choose from we just have to find them. We found Cook's Park which is just down Durham from us by Tigard H.S. It's great but can be VERY busy. It has a lot of sports fields and every weekend they are full and so are the parking lots so weekdays are best there. Weekends we have gone to the near by elementary school playground but it's not very well shaded so an overcast day is best for there. Metzger Park, I found a few days ago on Hall going toward Washington Square Mall and it's small but cute. It's close enough that on a hot weekend day we may have to check it out cause it's very well shaded. Kim told me about a couple with water features that she will have to show us sometime as well. Having her here is nice. This is the first time we have moved to a place with a friend already there. Marcus & Erik even get along so that is awesome. We are in a slightly different place in life than they are but they are a lot of fun! They get married in July. Soon we won't be so different. They are still in college, we have been done for 4 years now. They don't have kids but want them so we should be a good source of advice to them in the future. I am so excited to meet their future beautiful babies!
So ya, I am getting to know my surroundings and can get around our general vicinity without the GPS pretty well. I could also probably find my way to parts of Beaverton without it and maybe even Marcus' work. We are close to lots of supermarket choices, the WA Square mall (indoor), the Bridgeport mall (outdoor), Costco, Winco and 2 Dutch Brothers coffee shops! I think we are in a great area!
I can't wait until the weather gets more consistently clear, Marcus can get a weekend off (or at least 2 consecutive days) and we can maybe go to the beach or the zoo. We plan to get a family pass there so Ethan & I can go whenever we want without worrying about having the money. There is a pass that gets 2 people in and one guest & that is the one we plan to buy. So on Marcus' days off he can go or we can take Kim or a visitor. Everyone says that the weather being raining right now is not normal. We don't mind it cause we felt like we didn't get enough of the rain in Fresno, but t would be nice for Ethan if the weather improved. He loves to play outside and rain makes that harder. But his room is coming together and I hope it's a fun place for him when it's all done.
Stolpps signing off...
I am loving the updates! Keep em coming!
ReplyDelete